Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Food Aversions

After doing a little research about the foods that I should avoid, I found out that us preggies pretty much have to be vegetarians. No more sushi, fish, eggs, sausage, hot dogs, deli turkey, deli ham, or certain types of "soft"cheese. The list goes on and on.

Oh, and did I mention coffee!! We just invested in a Keurig. If you haven't heard of these bad boys they are only the best invention ever for coffee lovers. Needless to say, we headed to Wal-mart and bought hot chocolate K-cups so I can pretend to be drinking coffee with the husband.

In the first six weeks I found that I have animal-like senses when it comes to smells and every scent is tenfold!! I was digging in the fridge the other day and decided that a pickle was the perfect snack of the hour. I opened the jar of pickles and was overwhelmed by the smell of VINEGAR. So overwhelmed, I might add, that I nearly cried. I. am. serious. I was almost in tears because my love for pickles was taken away from me in a matter of seconds. Speaking of smells..

The Tuesday before my husband and I found out that we were preggies we decided to visit the Washington State Fair. I was feeling a little nauseous but I chalked it up to the coffee I had just had. Our first stop was the livestock barn where we enjoyed seeing a couple of different breeds of cows.
It wasn't until we got to the dairy cow section that the powerful scent of cow dung and whatever else was floating in the air made me gag repeatedly. I had to hold my breath until we were clear of any lingering smells. That should have screamed,
"YOU ARE PREGNANT!"
We spent the rest of our time at the fair pigging out on elephant ears, curly fries, and enjoying some of the rides. Here is a view from the very top of the ferris wheel :)

I just want to add that I ate that pickle with mucho gusto despite my adverse reaction. I'll show you pregnancy!!
What food aversions did you experience during pregnancy?
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment