Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Crowd Pleaser Chicken

I was a little pessimistic as to how this pasta would come out because I wasn't too pleased with the rump roast recipe I tried the other night. I will post the rump roast recipe later but I just had to post this Crowd Pleaser Chicken recipe I found on Pinterest from Crock-a-doodle-do.

After reading some of the feedback in the comments section, I decided to not follow the cooking directions exactly. Here is what I used:
  • two chicken breast
  • 12 oz box of Ronzoni bow ties
  • 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup onion, diced
  •  4 oz canned mushrooms
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup Mexican mix cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon basil
  • 1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
I boiled the chicken breasts until they were done and chopped them up. I mixed all of the ingredients together in the crock pot while the chicken was cooking and let all the bow ties soak up the juices. I did not cook the bow ties before putting them in the crock pot. I topped the mixture with some extra cheese because the hubby & I LOVE cheese!! :) I put it on high for 4 hours and because the hubby was running late I set it to Keep Warm for the last hour or so.
crock pot crowd pleaser chicken easy recipe
It came out so good! She wasn't kidding when she said it was a crowd pleaser! I have a picky eater on my hands (something I hope peanut doesn't inherit) and he ate TWO servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment