Tuesday, October 2, 2012

7 Weeks

Apparently what I thought was a food aversion to pickles was just a sensitive sense of smell because I have now learned what a true food aversion is. My food aversions are leftovers and eating the same meal more than once (I'll explain). This is truly sad because I make meals that my husband & I can eat for a couple of days. It is seriously a chore for me to attempt to have leftovers.

Eating the same meals more than once.The other day I really felt like I could devour some Japanese food. All I could think of all day was how good chicken teryaki and a shrimp tempura roll sounded. As soon as my husband got home we headed out for dinner at Osaka (my favorite Japanese place so far) and we enjoyed gyozas, chicken teryaki, tempura, white rice, and a shrimp tempura roll. So unhealthy. I was one happy preggie lady until we were on our way home and suddenly just thinking about what I just ate made me want to throw up. The same goes for pretty much every meal we eat.

I am pretty crazy about food so it has been very difficult for me to change my eating habits but I am determined to stay away from fast food and soft drinks. Here is what my food choices looks like on most days:
I found this in Fit Pregnancy Magazine and have customized it to what we have in stock and what I feel like eating.
healthy eating pregnancy fit daily

I have one cheat day also known as date night, but lately I have been eating lots of soups when we eat out. I think it is easier on my tummy.

As much as I try so hard to stay with this food routine it is often difficult for me to make the right choices. Example: yesterday was so NOT a cheat day and I bought a King size Snickers bar and potato chips then we had pizza  for dinner because the return of our favorite show Once Upon a Time came on. It is kind of a tradition. I think I make up for my bad choices by taking Zoey (our 2 yr old Shih-tzu mix) on a 30 minute walk everyday.

shih tzu mix puppy teddy bear cut
Isn't she cute? She is a little heathen.

I struggled with a place to take our monthly pictures and I was searching vigorously for a frame that I could make into a chalkboard. It is not as easy as crafters make it seem to find the perfect frame to refurbish! Today during my nap, the blinds were making too much noise from the wind so I pulled them all the way up and began admiring how the leaves were changing colors for the fall season.

Then it hit me!! If I take my monthly pictures next to the window I can hopefully capture the changing seasons here in Washington and my growing belly. I am excited to see the outcome!
pregnancy 7 weeks belly maternity shot
Here I am at 7 weeks & 3 days :) Baby White is the size of a blueberry this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment