Wednesday, October 31, 2012

yummy Rump Roast

My mother-in-law makes some mean roast! I haven't made roast before so I was determined to attempt my first go at it. The husband & I decided NO MORE EATING OUT so I have been experimenting with different recipes lately .

I really wanted to try this recipe BUT after we found out we were preggies we couldn't use the Pepsi. Darn. I am a big veggie fan so I put a little twist on the recipe and hope it comes out as good as it sounded on this blog!

I shall call it Preggie Safe Rump Roast. :) You'll need:
  • Rump Roast
  •  two garlic cloves
  •  two russet potatoes
  • one onion
  • McCormick Slow Cookers packet
  • Aus Jus packet
  • Worcestershire sauce 
 
 
 
 



I peeled and chopped up the carrots and potatoes and tossed them in the crock pot with the rump roast. I minced the garlic and sliced up half the onion and added  that as well. I then mixed the McCormick Slow Cooker packet with a little over one cup of water and poured it over the roast.

I decided last minute to add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce because I have seen it added to other crock pot recipes such as this one. I was a little inspired by the both. I then set the crock pot on low for 8 hours or if you are short on time you can set it to high for 4-5 hours.

Okay, so I'm no crock pot connoisseur but I think this recipe came out pretty good. My husband We didn't have the patience to wait the full 8 hours so the potatoes and some of the thicker carrots were a little undercooked. I think I should have chosen one recipe over the other because I believe the can of soda makes a big difference.
 Solution: Cook the rest of the roast on high for another hour for leftovers :)

 And for dessert ladies and gentlemen:
 
My husband brought home cupcakes today!! They are from Bonjour Cupcakes, ooh la la! I am CRAZY about cupcakes. A preggie woman has got to have her sweets, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment